Making sure that patient records are complete and accurate is essential in the healthcare industry. The right medical labels can play a significant role in ensuring patient health and safety in hospitals, clinics and private practices. Here are some of the most important factors to consider when selecting labels for your healthcare facilities.
Defining the Need
Performing a careful assessment of the workflows and processes already in place within your clinic, hospital or medical practice can help you to make the most effective use of your supply budget. Designing and purchasing labels that provide real help for your staff members can boost productivity and ensure the greatest accuracy when managing your medical label needs. By meeting with key members of your staff to determine the most essential labels for your operations, you can ensure that your money is well spent and that your new labels serve a valuable purpose within your organization.
Removable or Permanent Medical Labels?
Depending on the types of records you maintain in paper form, your medical facility may require removable labels, permanent labels or a combination of both:
• Removable labels can allow you to reuse folders and enclosures to reduce costs for these items. They are most useful in high-turnover facilities and clinics that do not require long-term retention of records in paper form. Additionally, removable labels can be used to indicate temporary conditions or care instructions that may not be applicable to the patient long-term.
• Permanent labels offer greater protection for patients by ensuring that valuable information remains with files and is not lost or misplaced during transfer of these paper records from one place to another. These labels are most useful in recording patient allergies, medical conditions and other key information necessary to provide top-quality healthcare services to patients.
Working with an established label company can help you decide whether removable or permanent labels are most suitable for your facility's needs.
A Wide Range of Labels for Medical Use
Customized label companies like T & L Graphic Systems can provide an extensive selection of products designed to your precise specifications, including the following:
• Medical imaging and radiology labels
• Biohazard labels for containers in hospitals, clinics and private practice examination rooms
• Admission labels for patient record folders
• Vial and IV labels
• Identification for laboratory testing materials
• Equipment labels for added safety in the medical environment
These items can provide the added help your staff members need to update patient records quickly and accurately and to maintain a high degree of productivity in the medical environment.
By entrusting your medical label needs to T & L Graphics Systems, you can be certain that your labels will meet the needs of your staff and your institution. We work with you to ensure that every aspect of your order is completed to your precise specifications, allowing you to proceed with confidence when purchasing from us.