Looking to make personalized sequential numbered labels for your products? How about individually bar coded labels? This way, a scanner can uniquely track each product. Data-driven printed labels, whereby each one is uniquely coded, are a great way to keep track of large quantities of items. You can tag nearly anything you need to track, from blood samples in a doctor’s office to packages in a warehouse.
Manufacturing personalized labels
How to use variable printing
- Serialized barcodes
- QR codes
- Consecutive number labels
- Multiple languages in the same print run
- Scratch off labels
- Personalized direct mailers
- Promotional labels with personalized images and text
- Variations in color, image, text and other elements from one label to the next
- Labels for different brands
- Country of origin labeling – typically used for meat and produce
- Date labeling (use by, sell by, etc.)
- Private labeling
Ideas for consecutively numbered labels
- Brand security and protection
- Variable coding for security, pharmaceutical and industrial markets
- Inventory tracking and tracing solutions
In the age of traceability, everyone wants a tracking or security code, making this a growing market for converters and brokers.
- If you’re planning a variable data or consecutive numbering label project, check with your converter well ahead of time to understand the best spreadsheet and database formats to use
- Keep in mind that setting up a variable data print job can be time consuming. Also, the data for sequential numbering jobs needs to be carefully proofed prior to the print run, to prevent expensive mistakes.
- Be sure to carefully consult with your label converter to be ensure the material you select for your variable print job is a good fit. Not all materials are suitable for digital imaging.
Imagine how you can use variable data printing- the uses are endless!
If you're in need of help to make your next labeling project a success, download our new eGuide, How to Create the Perfect Label: The 5 Most Important Questions to Ask.